Yale University’s Program in Baltic Studies invites applications for a research fellowship of variable duration (four to nine months during the 2017-18 academic year) in any field in the humanities or social sciences.
The Fellow will be expected to be in residence in New Haven, to participate in the activities of the Yale Baltic Studies Program, and to make at least one public presentation on campus during the period of the fellowship. The stipend will be based on the academic status of the Fellow, and for 2017-2018 is expected to range between approximately $3,600 and $4,000 per month, plus benefits such as health insurance.
Applicants may be pre- or post-doctoral, i.e., either a Ph.D. candidate at a university in Estonia or Latvia, or post-doctoral working in or affiliated with a university or research institution in Estonia or Latvia. Only citizens of Estonia and Latvia may apply. Applicants who apply as post-doctoral fellows should have completed their Ph.D. before November 2017.
The review of applications will begin on 1 April 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. Only on-line submissions will be accepted. All application materials must be submitted in English. Yale University is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. Applications from women, members of (underrepresented) minority groups, protected veterans, and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged.
Application Material Required:
- All application materials must be submitted in English.
- Cover letter, including proposed duration of the fellowship (between four and nine months), indicating clearly what months of the year and the rationale for the proposed period.
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement (no more than 1000 words)
- Two reference letters, one from the applicant’s academic supervisor and one from an additional faculty member or appropriate administrator at the university or institute at which the applicant is affiliated. The reference letters should address the applicant’s research and the broader significance of this research for higher education and research in the applicant’s home country. These letters are to be submitted by the reference writers through the Interfolio site.
- Proof of English language proficiency such as TOEFL score, IELTS score, or transcript from a previously-attended institution where the primary language of instruction is English
For questions about this fellowship or the application process, please direct emails to firstname.lastname@example.org